Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cheesy Cabin Fever

Happy Wednesday milk duds,
It's 1:30 and I still have and hour and a half left at work. I have run out of online tv shows to watch and now I am ridiculously bored. Business has been decent today but right now I'm stuck in a never ending lull. I've played many games of mahjong..so much so that I see tiny Chinese tiles with pandas on them when I close my eyes. I read a few chapters in the Margaret Atwood book I jumped into a few weeks ago. She's a beautiful writer but even her words get boring after so long. So basicially I'm sitting here doing nothing at work, waiting for my time to leave so I can head off to the lesson that I haven't prepared for. A part of me wishes that Dr. P would be forgiving but I have a feeling that won't be this case. *sigh* bored....bored...bored

The opera went very well this weekend. My mother came on Saturday night to watch the performance. When she got out of the car I realized just how much I have missed her recently. We talk almost everyday but there's nothing that makes me happier than getting a huge hug from her and hearing her tell me that everything is going to be ok. After the show was over, as I was greeting the audience, I saw a few tears escape from her eyes. When I asked her why she was crying she just said that she was really proud of me. She has seen me in a million productions but each time she says those words I get a bit teary eyed myself. I like making her proud. This opera was a bittersweet experience for me because it is officially my last show at FHSU. I'm sure that the directors would be thrilled to give me the lead in the fall production for "Sweet Charity" but I can't keep reliving my college glory days. It's time to bite the bullet and grow up. There are many characters I have yet to play and many songs I have yet to sing. I only hope that I will find them in the near future. I grow tired of this uncertainty but, I've already written about that numerous times so I won't bore you with another "woe is me" sentence.

My work situation continues to frustrate me, then again when doesn't it? I've had the worse time trying to get my w2 from my boss. By law I was supposed to have it by Saturday. It is now Wednesday and I haven't seen it. I am headed home tomorrow to have my mother help with my taxes so I called my boss and demanded my w2. She gave me some excuse of "things getting lost in the mail" and told me that she was sending my paperwork to the store again today. I have to have it by tomorrow before I get off of work so we'll see what happens. I was really fired up about all of this yesterday but I've chilled a little since then. There is no use losing sleep over something that I can't control. I keep telling myself that it will only a few months and I will move onto something different. I know that these months will go by quickly and when I'm gone I will miss Hays but it's my time to leave. I've done all that I can in this town.

I'm not sure why I've chosen to get all sentimental in this entry. I guess it's because I've had a bit too much time to think today and that always gets me into trouble.

well, I'm going to stop this lengthy story soaked in cheese before I begin spouting sonnets and day dreaming about skipping through marigolds.

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersen, adieu

No comments: