Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Face for TV

An interesting opportunity has been presented to me and I'm rather excited about it. A theater friend of mine, Bill, works for a local telephone/cable/internet company and wants me to be featured in two different commercials. These commercials aren't anything huge but I will be on tv in the Hays area and I get paid. This is my first paying "gig" and I'm really excited about it. In the first commercial, I play Bill's wife. This sort of thing comes pretty natural to me because Bill and I have played opposite each other through the majority of my college career. In the second commercial I play a mother who takes her daughter out to a Christmas tree farm. This probably won't come as naturally to me because I'm not exactly the "mother" type. My idea of having children is getting a dog when I move into a bigger place. Overall, the experience will be a good one and a great addition to my performance resume.

Work has gotten better. My last paycheck came on time with very little drama and that made me very happy. I started setting back a little bit of money from each paycheck so I can save up for the big move that I'm intending to make. I still haven't figured out where that will be but as soon as I do I will let you all know. My friend, Chris, has a few connections with some theaters in DC and he has done some research for me. Before long I'm going to post a resume and see what is out there. As of right now, I still intend to move to my mom's house once my lease is up in April and make a bigger move in August of next year. I want a relaxing summer with my family and it will also be a good way to save some more money. I still have faith that my questions will be answered before too long but I'm getting a little impatient.

I've started teaching vocal/acting lessons to two wonderful little girls that have been in the community theater with me for a few years. We started two days ago and I have a feeling that they will be a joy to work with. Both of them have huge personalities and their mother is a fantastic lady. I'm really happy that I am getting the opportunity to teach again because it makes me feel like I have a purpose and also makes my hours behind the cash register a little less mind numbing.

The weather has started to change and with it has come a sense of renewal. Fall is by far my favorite season. I love the smells, the chilly weather and the overall spirit of the season. Right now all I want to do is curl up in a blanket with a cup of hot cider and watch a movie or read a book. I fear that I can't do that right now but it's always nice to daydream

No comments: