Tuesday, October 21, 2008

And So It Goes...

Bill stopped by the store on Friday to let me know that the commercials were a "no go". Apparently Nex Tech decided to take a completely different route for their holiday promotion and that route didn't involve me. I was a little bummed but I guess my 15 minutes of fame will come at another time. Thinking about it, I would like to have much more than simply 15 minutes. I told Bill to let me know if any other opportunities pop up and he said that he would be sure to give me a call.

In other news, we had our grand opening at the store on Friday. I spent many hours cleaning and preparing food for the public to enjoy. A lot of the chamber members showed up and that surprised me a little. We had decent business that day and I got paid on time with no drama whatsoever. Overall, it was a good day.

I went home last weekend and hung out with my Lindsborg family for awhile. My sister helped me complete my not so impressive resume. I guess I couldn't expect a lot being fresh out of college but I'm beginning to wonder if I did anything useful. I'm going to tweek the resume a little and email it to a few friends to get some feedback and then it is off into the great blackhole that we call the real world.

Other than work, there is not much going on in my life. I'm still teaching lessons and taking lessons and both have been going well. The girls that I teach are so funny sometimes and they make life a little less stressful.

I think that is all for now. I'm going to make the most of the rest of my shift at work and dream of other jobs that actually challenge me. Cheers!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Mom told me about your experience when putting your shampoo and conditioner in the shower! Of all the people for that to happen to! I felt so bad for you guys. I'm glad you're moving home for the summer. I'd sure like to see you more before you make your big move. If you move to Massachusetts, that would be a great time for us to head out east for a visit. I've heard it's absolutely beautiful there, especially in the fall. Love you!