Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Big Apple, Big Mountains, Big Plans

Good Morning Peaches!

I am, once again, at good ol' Retail Therapy wasting time on the internet because business refuses to pick up. The mall is eerily quiet and I'm getting a touch of cabin fever. I only have 3 1/2 more hours left here. Today is a shorter shift for me because at 3:30 I am going to be shooting a commercial for Nex Tech. One of the representatives called me at the store on Wednesday and asked if I would interested in filming a commercial for their valentine's day promotion. Of course I said yes. I am playing a contestant on a love connection type game show and I fall in love with Lightening Jack (big bunny rabbit that is the nex tech mascot). The overall plot is a little cheesy but I get paid for it so I can't complain very much. I'm excited that I actually get to film a commercial finally. It was a bit of a tease when I was scheduled to film a few months ago and never got the chance. If I end up getting a dvd of it I will try to be technically savy and post the video on this blog. I've never done that before but I'm sure it is rather simple. I'll let you know how everything goes.

My diet continues and I feel good. I've become a veggie and fruit fiend recently and my body feels a lot better. Since my last blog I have lost 4 lbs and I will continue to do so. The pound plunge has started here in Hays and my weekly weigh is on Thursday. I thought that my weekend away would really screw things up but I managed to maintain the weight loss. yay for being healthy!!!

I had a wonderful time in Colorado with the family. It was nice to get away from Hays for awhile and see the mountains. I forgot how absolutely beautiful they are. If I wasn't so hellbent on NYC I would consider moving to Colorado but I don't think that is in the cards for me right now. It's always nice to go visit though and I wish I could travel more often...maybe I'll be able to after I make my millions...

Speaking of the big apple, I am slowly getting my application ready for Stella Adler. I've requested letters of recommendation from 2 of my college professors and should receive them tomorrow after work. I am also going to print off the actual application while I'm galavanting around campus tomorrow. Hopefully my headshots will be scheduled in the near future. I've been pricing professional photographers around town and my mom thinks I might get a better deal in Lindsborg. I will continue to check things out and further the application process. My biggest obstacle should be getting my audition dvd together. I need to find monologues and a dvd recorder and a videographer with some spare time. I am going to make this happen though. I don't like my current situation in life and I am determined to turn things around. oh yeah, an added benefit to Stella Adler is the guest teachers. Apparently, Benecio Del Toro, Olympia Dukakis and Philip Seymour Hoffman all teach at the school from time to time. I may be hitting it off with the stars before you know it! More information will come as my plans progress.

I really feel settled when I think of going back to get my masters. Before I just had plans to move to NYC and find a random job but with another degree I'm sure I will have many more options and it's inevitable that I will be part of a decent network. I hope I get accepted.

My first rehearsal for the opera was on Sunday. I didn't have the whole thing memorized but Dr. P didn't really seem to notice. I was a little worried but things turned out just fine. I have another rehearsal this evening after I get done filming my commercial. It will be a long day but at least it's full of things that actually interest me and I won't be stuck behind this god forsaken counter all day.

With that said I am going to continue my internet browsing and bid you all a warm farewell.

By the way, I want to give a big shout out to my dear sister Lisa for reading my blog because I'm pretty sure no one else does. Love you Deeda!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ha ha! Love you too, Laura!