Thursday, December 25, 2008

And so this is Christmas...

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have returned from my travels to the thriving metropolis of Lindsborg and I am now back in Hays to take on the world of retail for 12 hrs tomorrow. I have to admit that I am a little bummed this evening. I wish I could have stayed with my family for just a bit longer. All of my friends are with their respective families and I am here...alone in my apartment.

Before my glorious 5 day vacation I spent every waking hour at the store. We were super busy, which is wonderful, but I my last 2 shifts were both 12 hrs long and I have to turn around and do the same thing tomorrow. It's good money I guess but it all adds a little to my current mood.

I had fun with friends and family in the borg. Everyone made my Christmas break a good one but there is still something missing. The holidays make me a little lonely sometimes. I realize that I am better off without a siginificant other right now but it would be nice to have someone to come home to. I've never really had that before and it gets to me sometimes. You all can tell me that my time will come and I realize that but my life is a big ball of uncertainty right now. Everything is up in the air and that makes me a little scared. I want a plan of some sort or even a little nudge in the right direction. My biggest fear is that I will be ringing in the new year by myself with only a bottle of champagne and chocolate to keep me company. I'm sure that won't be the case but I am just a little worried. I'm also a little upset because my east coast friends are only in Hays for a few more days and I haven't gotten to spend much time with them. They are the people who keep me sane most of the time and I have a feeling that my sanity will leave with them. *sigh* I guess there is no use wallowing in my self pity.

There isn't much more to say. I am going to try and enjoy the last of my break and pray that I get some answers soon. This quarter life crisis is not treating me very well

No comments: