Thursday, November 6, 2008

Politics, the Economy and What Not

Life has evened out a little since my last blog. I realize that it's only been a week or so but I am feeling better. Gina's funeral was very nice and I'm glad I was there to experience it.

I thought about writing a politically themed blog but chose not to. I don't really follow politics because I have seen the heated debates that my family members get into whenever certain topics are discussed. However, I will say this: I am happy that a historic event such as this has taken place in my lifetime. I am glad that the nation is willing to change and I hope for the best when Obama takes office. I realize everyone has a different opinion about this topic and I respect that. I am merely stating my feelings. I've never been one to debate. In fact, i started crying during a highschool debate about R rated movies so please don't bother arguing with me. Things are changing and only time will tell what happens.

My main concern as of late is the struggling economy. I say this now because the store has been open for almost 2 hrs and I have yet to sell anything. These slow days at work really make me fear for my job and next paycheck. I guess I should start looking for a safety net soon but I don't have the energy to do so. A part of me wishes I could jump on a plane and head out now. Don't worry, I won't.

I did have an interesting talk with my vocal teacher as he was bleeding red ink all over my resume. He asked what I wanted to do with the rest of my life and I gave him the usual "Dr. P, I really have no clue". He's used to my weekly dramatic rants so I'm sure this came as no surprise to him. I told him about my east coast thoughts and he just said "Well, what are you waiting for?". I was speechless. What am I waiting for? I still intend to spend the summer with my family but after that there are no excuses. He told me to "just go" and see where my life leads me. I like to make plans but there comes a point where plans don't work anymore. It will be scary but no matter where my life is in August I am moving. If I want to pursue my dreams I have to. There is no other option for me.

I don't have much more to say. Life feels a little uncertain at this point but I assume that all will even out in due time. For now I will say goodbye and hope that the election results have not left you all in a tizzy. Peace and Love!

No comments: