Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update time!

wow...I don't even know where to begin. It has definitely been awhile since I have blogged and I apologize. Life has gotten the best of me. With that said, I will attempt to update you all on what has been going on in my life.

After a few weeks working at Claire's I realized that the job wasn't going to work out. I grew tired of being on a corperate lease. I turned in my two weeks and my last day was April 27th. I ended up moving back to Lindsborg after that and it has been a good thing for me.

New York was awesome but then again, it always is. I am still debating whether or not I want to move there though. I've been debating a lot of things recently. I'm not sure if professional musical theater is the career that I want to have. I guess you could say that I'm a little lost in terms of my life's direction. More on this in future entries...

I spent about a month wallowing in my self pity because I didn't have a job in Lindsborg. My money supply was dwindleing and I knew that things needed change. What I didn't realize is that I wasn't giving myself enough time to heal from my depression. The panic attacks started again and I thought that things were never going to get better. It seems that things have started to turn around in the last few weeks. My therapy sessions have been going well. I'm learning to take life one day at a time and not freak out because of my lack of direction. I also finally got a job as a barista in the local coffee shop. I have only been working there for a week and a half but I absolutely love it. The people are wonderful, the drinks are fun to make and I'm finally making some money again which is nice.

Other than that, there hasn't been much going on in my life. I'm just trying to relax this summer and let life pan out how it's supposed to. I do miss Hays but I know that I never would have moved on with my life if I stayed there. My next goal in life is to move out of my mom's house. that is the only goal I have set and once I acheive that I will move onto something else.

well, i guess that's it for now. I don't have much more to say. I promise to keep this updated better than I have.

Peace and Clarity
Laura

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay! An update! I'm glad things are going so much better for you, Laura. It's easy to be depressed when you don't feel productive. I think the barista thing is really great! You'll have to make me a coffee drink when we come to town next!