Saturday, September 13, 2008

East Coast Swing

My goal was to keep this site updated as much as possible but I fear that I am failing miserably. It seems that life has gotten the best of me and I haven't had much time to devote to blogging. I am currently at work and the mall is like a ghost town so I decided to hop on the internet and search for future jobs and places to live. I've been looking into moving to the east coast, possibly somewhere near the DC area. No plans have been made and I'm still in a lease until April but it puts my mind at ease to plan for the future. I have a few friends who live on the east coast and they enjoy life in that area. We'll see what the future has in store for me.

The play went very well. The snake cooperated with me until the last night when she thought it would be a great idea to lunge at my neck while I was backstage. I don't think that her intention was to bite me but, needless to say, I was more than willing to give her back when the time came. I enjoyed being a part of such an amazing cast and I loved watching each member light up the stage. This experience is one that will stay with me my entire life. I can't wait to be involved in another show.

Other than working on the arts council production, my life has been consumed with work. I spend the majority of my time behind this cash register and I often wonder if there is more to life than this. I realize that there is but the 10 hr shifts make me feel otherwise. Overall, I do enjoy my job. I get paid too much to do the work that I do but we won't discuss this issue with my boss. I've been attempting to save a little money so I will be able to move when the time comes.

I am still taking lessons with my vocal professor and he manages to inspire me every week. Dr. Perniciaro really believes in me and I am blessed to have found such a dedicated teacher. We work well together and have our fair share of laughter as well. I believe that he will be a great help when I decide to leave Kansas.

I guess I should end this blog for now. I don't have much else to write and the mall is only open for another hour. I have to do my nightly cleaning and straightening. I love you all!

No comments: